Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our Wedding Photographer

T'was the night before Christmas Eve,
And through the apartment...

Who am I kidding?  I'm no poet.  I write prose.

Katelyn and I recently checked off another item from our wedding to-do list!  Hurrah!

We have our wedding photographer!



Now, I will own up to the fact, first and foremost, that I do not have much to add to this discussion beyond breaking the news to everyone.  Katelyn, my NaNoWriMo widow, had plenty of free time outside of work while I was writing my novel during the first two weeks of November.  While I was staring down the computer screen--and alternately staring off into space figuring out what the characters of my novel were going to do next--she was researching photographer websites, getting pricing quotes, and browsing through photo galleries to find somebody that she could trust with taking pictures at our happy event. 

A few weeks ago, while driving my newly-jumped Mercury Sable to make sure it could maintain enough battery life to drive out to Ellsworth for repairs, Katelyn--with her parents' assistance--signed a contract with Angela from Life Portraits by Angela.

Though the contract currently only covers our wedding, we are considering a formal engagement photo session up here in Blue Hill sometime after the new year.  Blue Hill Bay is pretty well frozen over, so there is the chance that we could traverse the short span of ice leading out to our self-christened "Engagement Rock" for pictures not taken by ourselves using the camera's delayed shutter feature.  Of course, as any further discussion goes that way, we'll be sure to share the news here.

For the time being, we're just relieved to have another key component of our wedding day set in stone.  Wedding photography was one of the things we were not willing to compromise on in terms of quality, as you only get one shot to have photos to memorialize the events; we're sure that when you visit Angela's website at http://www.lifeportraitsbyangela.com/, you'll agree that we have the right person for our job.

No comments:

Post a Comment