Monday, October 26, 2009

Do-It-Ourselves Engagement Photos

Even with finally being able to lock in our wedding venue for next year, Katelyn and I have somehow managed to continue leading busy lives.  One of my friends had offered to shoot professional-quality photographs of us as a couple for our engagement photos, and we've yet to have a Saturday free to be able to meet up and get that taken care of.

Feeling the season slipping away and not wanting to stay inside on a beautiful October Sunday, Katelyn and I went back out to our "engagement rock" in Blue Hill Bay to see if we could set up her camera to take a picture of the two of us where I proposed to her just over two months ago.  The results, when you consider the difficulty of trying to take self-photos, weren't too shabby.




Now, before anybody jumps on our case too much, we do plan to eventually have somebody serious taking photos of us.  Hopefully some scheduling will work out before too long where we can sit down with someone and get these taken care of.  However, time is running short on having nice backdrops at our rock, and the weather (particularly the temperature) won't be cooperating for too much longer.  Also, Katelyn noted that we don't really have any pictures of the two of us posted to this blog yet, though we've had pictures of many other people.



The schedule has been very busy as of late.  This past weekend, Katelyn worked full days on Friday and Saturday (she's been working Monday-Thursday recently) at her architecture firm, and we've also been trying to plan our trip to Michigan for Thanksgiving and our trip to Florida for Christmas to visit her family members.  While I'm still just putting in my two days a week at Husson University, grading papers has been taking up a bunch of time and I've also been busy writing entries for this blog and my NFL blog.  All this is happening along with the coming of the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) which begins on Sunday, November 1st; I'm a first-time participant this year and it is my goal to write 50,000 words in the month of November.


(Obligatory "look at something off in the distance" photo.  In this instance, it was a seagull.  No joke.)

With all of this hustle-and-bustle going on in our lives, it's nice to be able to have each other at the end of the day when we're both worn out from doing the best we can to get along here.  Each passing day reminds me why I love Katelyn and worked up the nerve to ask her to marry me in the first place.  We're taking the time to enjoy ourselves (we're carving pumpkins this week, so be sure to come back for an entry on that), and we're going along day-by-day.


(I couldn't resist snapping a couple photos of Katelyn setting up the camera to take our pictures on the rock.  Isn't she the cutest?)

Rest assured that more blog entries will continue to be posted here as we continue on to the wedding date.  They might be a bit fewer and further between in the next month because of my dedication to the NaNoWriMo (you can check out my profile for that here), but there's still a lot more to take care of between now and October 9th, 2010.  Thanks to all of you for continuing to come read what I'm writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment