Monday, October 5, 2009

Venue Voting Results

When I decided to post a poll to this blog asking people which venues they liked the most from our venue search and reporting so far, I was putting myself out there.  What I mean was, I was taking the chance that nobody would vote and I would feel as though I'm writing this blog only for myself.  Although this wouldn't be the worst thing (at least the blog gives me an opportunity to write on a regular basis), it does make me feel better now that I know people are actively reading what I write and are interested enough to weigh in on the decisions Katelyn and I face for our October 2010 wedding.

Here are the final poll results:

Question: Of the 10 venues we've visited so far, which are your favorites?

In first place:
Clark's Cove Farm -- 7 votes (on 87% of submitted ballots)

Tied for second place are:
Lucerne Inn -- 2 votes (on 25% of submitted ballots)
Linekin Bay Resort -- 2 votes (on 25% of submitted ballots)

Coming in tied for third:
Greystone Manor -- 1 vote (on 12% of submitted ballots)
On the Marsh Restaurant -- 1 vote (on 12% of submitted ballots)

Not receiving votes:
The Pilgrim's Inn
Alamoosook Lakeside Inn
Dockside Guest Quarters
Spring Hill
The Driftwood Inn

Admittedly, I do worry that my generally-positive write-up of Clark's Cove Farm served to prejudice the voting here, but it is nice to see so many people in agreement when Katelyn and I have had such a positive reaction to the venue.  Lucerne Inn and Linekin Bay Resort are also on our short-list as options, and interestingly enough both of the third place venues (Greystone Manor and On the Marsh Restaurant) are essentially off the table, for availability reasons and financial reasons respectively.

Thank you for making your voices heard in this first poll of The Groom's Take; we're still looking at another year of getting everything figured out for this wedding, so rest assured there will be more opportunities to vote in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment